Saturday, November 10, 2012

Best movies based on books

We all know that books are pretty much always better than the movies that are made from them. But this doesn't mean that these movies aren't any good! Here's a small list of movies that I love to watch that were based on books:

Pride & Prejudice (The newer version)
Based off of the book by Jane Austen 


I made this collage for my computer background ;)
I could watch Pride & Prejudice everyday if my husband would let me! It's not an unrealistic love story like so many romance stories. Plus, it's a freaking classic. The book is much more in depth, but the movie is easier to follow. And Mr. Darcy isn't so bad to look at... :)



The Notebook
Based off of the book by Nicholas Sparks







 

"It wasn't over...it still isn't over." Sigh.



Twilight
Based off of the books by Stephenie Meyer



Raise your hand if you spent more time in line for the premiere of this movie than you've spent at church in the last year... *ashamedly raises hand* 


Harry Potter
Based off of the books by J.K. Rowling


 

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I haven't read these books. I need more romance to stay interested in a book. However, these movies are awesome possum.


Lord of the Rings
 Based off of the books by JRR Tolkien



It just blows my mind how talented some authors are. How the hell do they come up with this stuff??


The Painted Veil
Based off of the book by W. Somerset Maugham


1. Edward Norton
2. The love scene is moving and unforgettable
3. Edward Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment